Matric Rewrite (Amended Senior Certificate)
Rewriting your matric allows you to improve your original matric results. Rewriting your matric exams can be done for many reasons, either you did not get your desired result or you didn’t do well enough to pass.
Our Matric Rewrite Programme offer you the chance to rewrite your matric exam with us can help you to gain a Senior Certificate, if you failed at first, or to improve your current marks to gain university entrance.
|Course:||Amended Senior Certificate|
|Programme Type:||National Qualification|
|Award Type :||Senior Certificate|
|Award Issued By:||Umalusi|
|Course Duration:||12-24 months recommended|
|NQF level:||level 04|
|SAQA ID Number:||49647|
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning’s Matric Rewrite Programme
Course: Amended Senior Certificate
Programmes Type: National Qualification
Award Type: Senior Certificate
Award Issued By: Umalusi
Accredited By: Umalusi
Course Duration: 12 to 24 months recommended
NQF Level: Level 4
SAQA ID Number: 49647
At Bellview Institute for Distance Learning, we allow you to do just that. To apply, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You have previously written your exams: You can only use the option to rewrite your matric exams if you have already written them once before. It is only after writing it the first time that you can improve your results
- You need to be able to read and write in English OR Afrikaans: It is your choice whether you write your matric exams in either English or Afrikaans. No matter the choice, you need to be able to read and write in that language
- You have to be 21 years old: You can only write your exams if you are 21 years old when you write them
- You need to provide the following documents:
- Your matric results
- Certified copy of your ID
Bellview Institute for Distance Learning Rewrite Subjects
Choosing to rewrite your matric exams with Bellview, you are required to choose from a list of compulsory and optional subjects.
Out of the following subjects, it is required that you choose one Home Language, an Additional Language, and a Mathematics Subject:
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
- Afrikaans Huistaal (Home Language)
- Afrikaans First Additional Language
- isiXhosa First Additional Language
- isiZulu First Additional Language
- Sepedi First Additional Language
- Xitsonga First Additional Language
- Ndebele First Additional Language
- Sesotho First Additional Language
- Tshivenda First Additional Language
- Siswati First Additional Language
- Setswana First Additional Language
- Mathematics Literacy
Optional Subjects provided by Bellview include:
- Life Science (Formerly Biology)
- Physical Science (Formerly Physics and Chemistry)
- Business Studies
Why Should You Rewrite Your Matric Through Bellview
There are many reasons why you should choose Bellview Institute of Distance Learning when you decide on where to rewrite your matric. Some of these benefits are:
- The ability to choose new subjects: When you are deciding on if you want to rewrite your matric keep in mind that you can choose new and different subjects when enrolling for your matric rewrite with Bellview. This is a great option because you can choose subjects that suit your needs better or subjects needed for further tertiary studies
- Tutor support: At Bellview, we provide you with the full support of our well-trained tutors from 08:00 am till 17:00 pm every day of the week except weekends
- Full academic feedback: All of your assessments that you are required to complete and submit will be marked by your tutors. They will then send you every bit of feedback on where and how to improve your marks in areas where you struggle
- Working from home: Bellview Institute for Distance Learning allows you the comfort and possibility to study from home as all our courses are offered as distance learning courses
- We do not limit your subject choice: While other institutions allow you to rewrite matric they often limit you to only rewrite one or two subjects. When you choose to rewrite with Bellview, you are able to choose to rewrite only one, a few, or all of your subjects
It is important to note that Bellview Institute of Distance Learning does NOT offer any form of classes, tutoring, or help to students who wish to rewrite their matric if they are under the age of 21 by the time they write the exams. Our matric programme is only offered to students who are 21 years old or older by the time they write the exams.
If you are looking for the opportunity to upgrade your results, to achieve better results, or to gain entrance to a tertiary institution, your alternative best option is a Matric Upgrade course.
Matric Rewrite Subjects offered by The Department of Education
Using the Second Chance Matric Programme the Department of Education targets the following set of subjects to be rewritten as part of the matric rewrite initiative:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes – if you have written matric and have your results, you can rewrite your matric, even if you have been out of high school for a long time.
For a full breakdown of the costs involved with rewriting your Matric through Bellview Institute of Distance Learning, please contact our course specialists on 012 740 2350. 2350.
The short answer is no. While Bellview offers you the full coursework you will need to work through and study for your exams online, you cannot rewrite your papers online.
Once you are ready to write your exams, you will do so at one of the many examination centres located nationwide. You will rewrite your exam at the centre closest to your home.
No, it is not possible to rewrite your matric in 6 months. Your entire matric course essentially is made up of three years worth of coursework.
This means that your matric rewrite at Bellview consists of the subject coursework from Grade 10 to 12.
No, UNISA offers only higher certificate courses, diploma courses, and degree programmes to students who already have their National Senior Certificate (Matric). This means that you need to have already passed your matric exams to enroll with UNISA.
You will need the following to apply for your matric rewrite:
- You have previously written your exams
- You need to be able to read and write in English OR Afrikaans
- You have to be 21 years old on the day when you write your exams
- You need to provide the following documents:
- Your matric results
- Certified copy of your ID
In order to apply you need the following documents:
- The Matric results you obtained from your matric year-end examination
- A Certified Copy of your ID
A course for your Adult Matric provides you the chance to complete your matric certificate. You can apply to do your Adult Matric Certificate no matter how many years you have been out of school.
The certificate you receive upon completion of your Adult Matric course is the exact same that you would have received if you had passed matric during your matric year. Both of these certificates are accredited by Umalusi.
Completing a Matric Certificate allows you to:
- Obtain more chances at employment
- Take your studies further at a tertiary institution
- Earn a higher salary once employed
When you apply to upgrade your matric, you choose to improve your entire matric year-end results. You get the chance to improve your pass rate, or even choose new subjects that you are more interested in or comfortable with.
The only requirement is that you must have already written your matric exams once before. You can apply to upgrade your results as many times as you like or as needed.
A Matric Equivalent Certificate is on the same NQF level as a matric certificate. That being an NQF level 4. Although both carry the same NQF level, they follow different methods of learning.
A traditional matric certificate provides students with a broad knowledge of different subjects and the method of learning that goes with it prepares students for a variety of tertiary education courses.
A matric equivalent certificate gives students a more specialised set of skills and knowledge in a single subject or area. This can include many different fields of study from accounting to business management.
Upon completion of a Matric Equivalent Certificate, you will be able to step directly into a career within the specific field of your certification. This is different from a regular matric certificate as you will learn skills and gain knowledge in certain areas that fall outside of a traditional matric certificate. You will thus have different career options available to you.
Bellview Institute of Distance Learning gives you a number of different courses that you can study without a matric certificate. These include:
- Skill Based Courses
- Accredited Courses
- Scarce Skill Courses
A Skill-based course is a great choice for students who wish to improve either their CV or their knowledge in a certain subject/field. Skill-based courses are very well suited to students who are looking at skill-stacking.
These courses include:
- Beauty Courses
- Educare and Childcare
- Tourism and Guesthouse Management
- Event and Wedding Planning
Studying an Accredited Course can assist you in becoming career-ready for a certain profession. Employers highly regard these courses and thus they boost your employability.
National Qualification (NATED) Courses
The National Qualification Courses otherwise known as NATED courses have been designed by the Department of Higher Education and Training to provide students with both practical and theoretical experience.
Most NATED courses can be started with a matric equivalent certificate, but some of them can only be applied for with a matric certificate.
The following are the NATED courses that you can study through Bellview Institute of Distance Learning:
- Financial Management: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Financial Management: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Financial Management: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Financial Management: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Business Management: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Business Management: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Business Management: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Business Management: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Marketing Management: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Marketing Management: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Marketing Management: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Marketing Management: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
Educare: NATED Qualification (N4 to N6) (Requires a Matric Certificate)
- Educare: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Educare: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
Legal Secretary: NATED Qualification (N4 to N6) (Requires a Matric Certificate)
- Legal Secretary: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Legal Secretary: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Legal Secretary: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Legal Secretary: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Human Resource Management: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Human Resource Management: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Human Resource Management: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Management Assistance: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Management Assistance: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF Level 5)
- Management Assistance: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF Level 6)
- Management Assistant: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
Together with The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, Bellview Institute of Distance Learning offers you three main study programmes:
- Small Business Financial Management: ICB National Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Office Administration – Business Management: ICB Higher Certificate (NQF Level 5
- Financial Accounting – Business Management: ICB National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Bookkeeping: ICB National Certificate (NQF Level 3)
- Bookkeeping: ICB FET Certificate (NQF Level 4)
- Certified Financial Accounting: ICB National Diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Technical Financial Accounting: ICB National Diploma (NQF Level 5)
Office Administration: ICB Qualifications (NQF 4 to NQF 6) (Requires a Matric Certificate)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers offers three different study programmes that have been seen as scarce skill or skills in South Africa. Bellview is proud to partner with them to offer you the following two study programmes, which can be started without a matric certificate.
If you pass your matric rewrite on a Bachelor’s Degree level, you can indeed apply for a university course.
It is, however, important to note that you will have to meet all of the university requirements (some of which this pass level on its own may not include). This could include having specific subjects, passing with high marks, or other pass requirements that are specific to each course.
The Matric Rewrite covers the contents of your chosen subjects from grade 10 until matric. This means that you will learn everything covered during those three years.
When Rewriting Matric, you can choose to redo all of your subjects or choose the subjects that need an improved mark. You do not need to choose the same subjects you had during your original matric year.
You can choose other subjects that will ensure good marks or select those you need to further your studies with.
The minimum pass requirements for matric are as follows:
- Home Language: 40%
- Two other subjects: 40%
- Three other subjects: 30%
Note that you can fail one of your subjects, but you MUST get over 30% for the rest of your subjects in order to pass.
You can rewrite matric in a period of 12, 24, or 36 months. It is recommended to complete the course within 12 to 24 months.
No, NSFAS does not fund matric. This is applicable for public and private institutions where you choose to study.
No, you cannot. This is seen as a legal offense punishable by fines or up to 4 years in jail.
A Matric Rewrite is on an NQF level 04.
Umalusi accredits and awards the Matric Rewrite.
The Matric Rewrite is issued by Umalusi.
Yes, it is 100% a good idea. Rewriting your Matric gives you a second chance at attempting to pass your Matric.
A Matric Certificate is on an NQF level 04.
Yes, registration for Matric rewrite closed on the 13 February 2022.
The purpose of a Matric rewrite is to improve your Matric results. This will allow you to further your education in more fields of study.
A Matric rewrite is an Amended Senior Certificate, which is exactly the same as a National Senior Certificate.
Bellview’s registration is open all year round, so you can apply whenever you like.
Yes, rewriting your Matric is a good idea. It will allow you to gain the marks you need to study further in various fields.
You will gain an Amended Senior Certificate after you have rewritten your Matric final exams. An Amended Senior Certificate is exactly the same as a National Senior Certificate.
You can rewrite your Matric an unlimited amount of times. You can rewrite Matric until you are satisfied with your results.
Author: Morné van Emmenis
Editor: Sanel Van Staden
Date Published: December 1, 2021