ICB Office Administration courses offered by Bellview Institute:
If you enjoy the office environment and consider yourself an organized individual, then Office Administration may be the career path for you! Studying this course will help open doors to a world of possibilities in many different industries.
What Do These Courses Entail
The ICB course programme consists of 13 subjects over 3 levels.
First, you will start with the Foundation Level, where you will earn your National Certificate. Secondly, you will move onto the Intermediate Level and receive your Higher Certificate. Finally, you will end it off with the Advanced Level and earn your Office Administration Diploma.
Each level builds on the last and as a result, equips you with the necessary knowledge and skills.
National Certificate: Office Administration
NQF Level: NQF L5 – SAQA ID 23618
Total credits: 120
Length: 24 months
Higher Certificate: Office Administration
NQF Level: NQF L5 – SAQA ID 23619
Total credits: 240
Length: 28 months
Diploma: Office Administration
NQF Level: NQF L6 – SAQA ID 35958
Total credits: 360
Length: 36 months
- In order to enroll in the ICB Office Administration course programme you would need to have a matric certificate or an equivalent to gain access to the Foundation Level course. After completing each level you will gain access to the next.
- Once you have completed all three levels in the programme you will then obtain your Office Administration Diploma.
- Introduction to Business English
- Business and Office Administration 1 (BOA1)
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (BKTB)
- Business Literacy (BUSL)
- Marketing Management and Public Relations (MMPR)
- Business Law and Administrative Practice (BLAP)
- Cost and Management Accounting (CMGT)
- Business and Office Administration 2 (BOA2)
- Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (HRLR)
- Economics (ECS)
- Business and Office Administration 3 (BOA3)
- Financial Statements (FNST)
- Management (MGMT)
What Will You Learn?
By the end of your course, you would have gained knowledge and skills in the above mentioned subjects. As a result, you will have the ability to:
- Communicate well in the business.
- Do Bookkeeping up to Trial Balance
- Apply your basic knowledge of Cost and Management Accounting
- Use your basic skills in marketing and public relations, business law and administrative practice
- Apply a range of Office Administration techniques and Economics
- Perform Human Resources and Labour Relations administrative task
- Use your advanced knowledge of Office Administration and management Techniques, Financial Accounting and Reporting skills
In addition to your study materials you will receive a portfolio of evidence for each one of your subjects, which will include:
- ICB Administration Guide
- 3 Assignments
- 2 Tests
- Answer Books
Your PoE will be taken with you on the day of your final exam. Inside you should have all of your completed tests and assignments and once you have finished your exam you will also include it and then hand it back. Your results will be released 7 weeks after your exam, once they are marked by ICB.
Benefits of Studying Office Administration
Studying Office Administration will open plenty of doors for you and put you above all others who are after the same position you are. There are plenty of benefits that can come from your qualification, which may include:
1. More Opportunities
You will be able to work in any industry of your choice and have plenty of job positions available to you. Whether it be a receptionist in a small start-up, or a public relations supervisor in a big well-known company, having an Office Administration diploma will give you a variety of options to choose from.
2. High Demand
Every company needs some sort of administrative person, therefore the demand is quite high. In fact, a qualification is ideal for employers and sets you apart as it shows you have the necessary knowledge and skills they are looking for.
Because of the high demand and many opportunities, there are tons of positions available. While studying you could pick up a temp job, which will help you to gain some real-world experience in the office environment. In addition to this, you could even decide whether you would like to work in a part-time or full-time position.
What Does Office Administration Involve?
Office Administration is the backbone of any company. They are the centre of it all, performing tons of daily clerical tasks to help operations of the business run smoothly. Depending on the industry some tasks may include:
- Providing administrative support to staff
- Assisting HR with hiring new employees
- Performing bookkeeping and processing payroll
- Overseeing administrative functions
- Scheduling meetings and events
In short, Office Administration is arranging, sorting out, organizing, and controlling of everything behind the scenes in order to help the business to work efficiently.
Studying Office Administration will equip you with what you need to know to perform these tasks well.
What Can I Become And How Much Can I Earn?
According to PayScale, an Office Administrator will receive an annual salary of R119 961. Other jobs you could receive with your qualification could include:
- Marketing Administrator
- Human Resource Administrator
- Office Manager
Is It Right For Me?
Being an Office Administrator requires you to have certain knowledge and skills to succeed. Without a doubt, you will learn all about this throughout the courses. However, a few skills that are good to have for someone considering this career path may be:
- Good Communication
- Fast Learner
- Team Player
Where Can I Study?
Majority of Colleges all over South Africa offer ICB courses for you to choose from. Bellview Institute is a distance learning institute in South Africa that allows you to complete your course from the comfort of your home.
Distance learning is extremely flexible and ideal for those working individuals who simply cannot commit to going to classrooms. In fact, you are completely in control of deciding the hours you spend studying. As a result, you can work while earning your qualification.
Only have Grade 11?
With having completed Grade 11 you will meet the requirements to gain access to the following ICB courses:
- ICB Public Sector Accounting
- ICB Business Management
- ICB Entrepreneurship
If you are interested in doing our ICB Office Administration course with only Grade 11, then you can complete the first level of one of the above mentioned three courses.
To read more on our entry requirements for all our subjects check out “ Bellview Entry Requirements” article to stay clued up on all you need to know to register.
Kick-start your career with Bellview!
If you are interested in building a career in the office environment, and looking for the best way to get started, then register to our ICB Office Administration course today!
For any further questions regarding our ICB courses, or any other courses in our course selection, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page
- Chat to us on Whatsapp 082 318 8892
A world of possibilities awaits!