After completing your course, your National Diploma is within arm’s reach. All that you need to do now is to submit your request. However, there are certain things you need to make sure of before submitting.
Here’s what you need to do in order to receive your National Diploma.
Once you have completed your N6 certificate course, along with your practical training, you can then apply for your National Diploma. The application for your National Diploma will be done through your college and will be awarded by the DHET.
Your request needs to include the following documents:
- Completed application form done through your college.
- Copies of your N4, N5 and N6 certificates and results.
- Certified copy of your Identity Document.
- A letter from your practical training employer which includes:
- Dates of the period you worked.
- Certificate of service confirming you worked for the 18 months.
- A duty sheet stating what your duties were.
Your college with submit your application to the DHET on your behalf. If your application is successful your National Diploma will be sent to your college.
What Do I Need For My National Diploma?
During your course you will have to complete 3 open book assignments for each subject. Along with an exam paper for each subject set by the DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training).
In order to receive your National Diploma you will need to have completed:
- N4 Certificate
- N5 Certificate
- N6 Certificate
- 18 months Practical Training
Where Do I Find My National Certificates?
Once the DHET has finished marking your examination, they will issue your certificate to your training provider or college. Who will then award you with your National Certificate. Your N1 to N6 Certificates are only issued if you have passed the four required subjects in each course level.
Earn Your National Diploma with Bellview!
Bellview Institute is a distance learning college in South Africa, fully registered by the DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training). We offer a variety of career development courses to help students earn a National Diploma.
Have a look at our full course selection or contact us if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist!
- Give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page
- Chat to us on Whatsapp 082 318 8892
Get qualified and level up in your career!
Author: Kayla Preston
Last Updated: 18 November 2020