The ICB Learner Portal login is used for various purposes such as:
- To register as an ICB Student
- Registering for the exam (This is for distance learning students only, face-to-face students do not have to register for the exams because their college does it for them)
- You can access your exam results (This generally refers to distance learning students, but face-to-face students can also access their information online)
- If there are any changes with your personal information, you can change it on the ICB Learner Portal
- You can get your ICB transcript as well as get new ICB Certificates
- You can also make payments on the ICB Learner Portal
The ICB Learner Portal is also referred to as the ICB Students Portal.
How Does The ICB Learner Portal Work?
If you are a new student, you have to create an account and profile. Here is what you need to add to the ICB Learner Portal:
- Your email address. You have to provide the correct email address, as ICB uses this to communicate with you.
- Your ID number. It should be exactly the same as it is in your ID book or card.
- The username of your choice
- The password of your choice
Where Do I Log In?
To log in to the ICB Learner Portal, you should follow this link. The instructions are simple to follow. Click the “register” button and follow the instructions.
After you have created your account and have all your login details. ICB will send you everything you need to know about the exams, as well as the Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). Therefore, it is important to provide the correct email address.
Which ICB Courses Can I Study?
Here is a list of all the ICB Courses you can study at Bellview Institute of Distance Learning:
- Business Management: ICB NQF 4-NQF 6
- Bookkeeping and Accounting: ICB NQF 3-NQF 6
- Office Administration: ICB NQF 4-NQF 6
How Will I Be Assessed?
Here is a table explaining how you will be assessed:
|30 % towards your final mark||70% towards your final mark|
3 x Assignments
2 x Open-book test
|1 final exam|
|You must receive 50% or more for your assignments and open-book tests.||You must receive 50% or more for your final exam.|
|Your final mark combined should be 60 % or more.|
How Does The ICB Exams Work?
You have (2) two exam options:
- Online exam
- Paper-based exam
If you are a distance learning student, you can register for the online exam by yourself, on the ICB Learner Portal, and when you are ready. If you are a face-to-face student, you have to put in a request with your college, and they will have the final say.
If you are a distance learning student, you can apply for the paper-based exam on the ICB Learner Portal when you are prepared. You can do this by using the ICB Student Portal. As a face-to-face student, your college will register for the paper-based exam automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the ICB Student Portal login details are chosen by yourself. The ICB MACCI login details are provided to you by ICB automatically. You may change the login details for both online platforms.
ICB stands for the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
Yes, ICB is accredited by:
- Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
Yes, ICB is recognised in South Africa and in the UK.
No, ICB Courses are not recognised by UNISA. However, ICB Courses are recognised internationally.
Yes, ICB Courses are scarce skill qualifications. This is due to the fact that all the qualifications that are awarded to you by ICB are in demand in South Africa. Employers recognise these qualifications because they need people with these skills.
Yes, you can study an ICB Course without Matric. Here is how you can qualify for each ICB Programme:
- ICB Business Management – Grade 11 or Equivalent Certificate
- ICB Financial Accounting – Grade 10 or Equivalent Certificate
- ICB Office Administration – Grade 12 or Matric Equivalent Certificate
No, ICB does not offer (5) five programmes. They only offer these (3) three programmes.
- ICB Business Management
- ICB Financial Accounting
- ICB Office Administration
No, you cannot study through ICB directly. Apply for any ICB Course through an accredited training provider.
No, ICB is not closed. The only time ICB does announce that they are closed is when they close for the week of Christmas.
Author: Jesmé Africa
Editor: Connor Bergsma
Date Published: June 3, 2022