ICB FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (Intermediate Level)
The ICB Bookkeeping FET Certificate course is the second level in our Bookkeeping and Accounting programme, it will add on to everything you have previously learned. You will be introduced to subjects like Financial statements and cost and management accounting, enabling you to apply for better jobs!
Throughout all four levels in the Bookkeeping and Accounting course programme you will gain and build on the knowledge and practical skills to become a successful accountant.
Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping
The Quality Council of Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) & FASSET
Overall Cumulative: 130
National Certificate: Bookkeeping
(Consisting of the previous 5 subjects)
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (BKTB)
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns (PMSR)
- Computerised Bookkeeping (CPBK)
- Business Literacy (BUSL)
- Financial Statements (FNST)
- Cost and Management Accounting (CMGT)
What Will You Learn?
By the end of your course, you would have gained knowledge and skills in the above mentioned subjects. You will have the knowledge and ability to:
- Monthly bookkeeping to trial balance (manual and computerised)
- Disclose profit and financial position
- Reconcile suppliers, inventory and bank statements
- Calculate PAYE/UIF/SDL
- Payroll tax and other deductions
- EMP201, EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT returns
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Asset disposal
- Year-end adjustments
- International Financial Reporting Standards for SMMEs
- Branch accounts
- Incomplete records
- Analysis of financial statements
- Understand cash flow
- Basic cost and management accounts
- Prepare manufacturing accounts
- Costing and budgeting
What Can You Become?
Once you have completed your Bookkeeping FET Certificate course you can apply for higher-level jobs, such as:
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Junior Accountant
- Business Analyst
You will have the option to choose between the two packages listed below:
This package has been created by Bellview Institute around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
The Standard material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Bellview Study and Workbook guide
- Bellview Solution Guide
- Assessment Guide
- Exam Trial Paper
The PRO material package is for those students who need extra help, as it includes a few extras to assist. All the study material and videos come directly from the official ICB publishers.
The PRO material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB Study Guide
- Bellview Assessment Guide
- USB with videos to boost studying
- Two Trial Exam Papers on the USB
(The USB is an extra to help with your studies. The videos test your knowledge, it does not replace your study material.)
Assignments and Examinations
Portfolio of Evidence
Once you have paid your registration and exam payments you will receive your Portfolio Of Evidence (PoE). You will receive a PoE per subject, and each one will include:
- ICB Administration Guide
- ICB Tests and Projects
- Answer Books
For each subject, you will have 3 assignments to complete and two tests. The tests will take place at the ICB approved assessment centres in South Africa.
Your complete PoE will be handed in the day of your final exam and will contribute 30% towards your final mark.
You will also be required to write a final exam for each subject, which can take place in either:
Results are released 7 weeks after the exam. It will be found on the Trainee Website as well as emailed to students.
Your exam will contribute 70% towards your final mark.
Upgrade Your Certificate!
Gain further knowledge and skills needed in bookkeeping, the learning never stops!
Register with Bellview and further your career!
If you have any further questions regarding our ICB Bookkeeping and Accounting or any of our other courses, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page
- Chat to us on Whatsapp 082 318 8892
Keep leveling up with Bellview!
Last Updated: 11 August 2020