The Public Sector Accounting programme will be phased out as the ICB has made the decision to combine the Public Sector Accounting and Financial Accounting programmes.
Students will have until 30 July 2021 to register for the ICB Public Sector Accounting, and will need to complete their qualification before 30 July 2025.
For Bellview Institute students, the final day for enrolments is 31 March 2021.
In this 36 month accredited course you will receive:
- Job specific knowledge
- 18 months Practical training
- Skills required for your chosen career
ICB National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (Advanced Level)
The Public Sector Accounting Advanced Level is the final step before receiving your National Diploma. After completion, you will be able to land that accounting job and help your community by adding value, efficiency, and productivity to government departments or municipalities.
Throughout the levels you will gain even more valuable knowledge and skills that will allow you to land a finance job in government, helping it run more effectively.
National Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
The Quality Council of Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
Overall Cumulative: 280
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (BKTB)
- Public Accounting Administration (PAAD)
- Computerised Bookkeeping (CPBK)
- Business Literacy (BUSL)
- Financial Statements (FNST)
- Cost and Management Accounting (CMGT)
- Technical Public Accounting (TPAC)
- Business Law and Accounting Control (BLAC)
- Corporate Strategy (CRPS)
- Management Accounting and Control Systems (MACS)
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks (FRRF)
- Research Theory and Practice (by short dissertation; topic: Public Accounting) (RTAP)
What Will You Learn?
By the end of your course, you would have gained knowledge and practical skills in your above mentioned subjects. As a result, you will have the ability to:
- Administer public accounts
- Help improve public sector financial management by adding value, efficiency, and productivity to government departments
- Work as a qualified accounting technician in the public sector
- Make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management
- Contribute to the optimal use of state resources
- Demonstrate a shift from cash to accrual accounting
- Compile annual financial statements
- Register with SAIBA as an Accounting Officer – once you meet their requirements
- Work with Chartered Accountants and Auditors
- Have a thorough understanding of accounting theory and practice, strategy, management accounting and regulatory frameworks
What Can You Become?
Once you have received your Public Sector Accounting National Diploma you can apply for accounting positions, such as:
- Public Sector Financial Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Accounting Officer
You will have the option to choose between the two packages listed below:
This package has been created by Bellview Institute around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
The Standard material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Bellview Study and Workbook guide
- Bellview Solution Guide
- Assessment Guide
- Exam Trial Paper
The PRO material package is for those students who need extra help, as it includes a few extras to assist. All the study material and videos come directly from the official ICB publishers.
The PRO material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB Study Guide
- Bellview Assessment Guide
- USB with videos to boost studying
- Two Trial Exam Papers on the USB
(It should be noted, the USB is an extra to help with your studies. The videos test your knowledge, it does not replace your study material.)
Assignments and Examinations
Portfolio of Evidence
Once you have paid your registration and exam fees you will receive your Portfolio Of Evidence (PoE). Each subject has its own PoE which will consist of;
- ICB Administration Guide
- ICB Tests and Projects
- Answer Books
For each subject, you will have 3 assignments to complete and two tests. The tests will take place at the ICB approved assessment centres in South Africa.
Your entire PoE will be handed in the day of your final exam and will contribute 30% towards your final mark.
In addition, you will also be required to write a final exam for each subject. Which can take place in either:
Results are released 7 weeks after the exam. It will be found on the Trainee Website as well as emailed to students.
Your exam will contribute 70% towards your final mark.
Take The Next Leap Into Your Future!
Register with Bellview and get that National Diploma!
If you have any further questions regarding our Public Sector Accounting or any of our other courses, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page
- Chat to us on Whatsapp 082 318 8892
Achieve all your accounting career goals!
Last Updated: 22 January 2021