The following two courses within the ICB Financial Accounting Programme will be discontinued:
- Accounting Technician
- Financial Accountant
The ICB and SAQA announced that the last date of enrolment will be 30 July 2021 and the last day of completion will be 30 July 2025.
To study Financial Accounting at Bellview Institute, sign up before 31 March 2021.
This is a 36 month course where you will gain:
- Job specific knowledge
- 18 months practical training
- Skills for your chosen career
ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (Upper Intermediate Level)
Do you hope to become an accountant someday? After completing the previous two levels you will gain access to our Technical Financial Accounting course! Only one course away from receiving your National Diploma and securing a future in finance for yourself!
Throughout all four levels in the Bookkeeping and Accounting course programme you will gain and build on the knowledge and practical skills to become a successful accountant.
National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
The Quality Council of Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
Overall Cumulative: 251
Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping
(consisting of all previous 7 subjects)
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (BKTB)
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns (PMSR)
- Computerised Bookkeeping (CPBK)
- Business Literacy (BUSL)
- Financial Statements (FNST)
- Cost and Management Accounting (CMGT)
- Income Tax Returns (ITRT)
- Business Law and Accounting Control (BLAC)
What Will You Learn?
By the end of your course, you would have gained knowledge and skills in the above mentioned subjects. You will have the ability to:
- Monthly bookkeeping to trial balance (manual and computerised)
- Disclose profit and financial position
- Reconcile suppliers, inventory and bank statements
- Calculate PAYE/UIF/SDL
- Payroll tax and other deductions
- EMP201, EMP501, IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents and VAT returns
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Asset disposal
- Year-end adjustments
- International Financial Reporting Standards for SMMEs
- Branch accounts
- Incomplete records
- Analysis of financial statements
- Understand cash flow
- Basic cost and management accounts
- Prepare manufacturing accounts
- Costing and budgeting
- Complete a full set of accounts for a financial year
- Support management in finance and accounting
- Become a SAIT tax practitioner (once you meet their requirements)
- Know the ins and outs of accounting, taxation (individuals and companies), auditing and business law
What Can You Become?
Once you have received your Technical Financial Accounting National Diploma you can apply for higher-level jobs, such as:
- Technical Financial Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Tax Technician
You will have the option to choose between the two packages listed below:
This package has been created by Bellview Institute around the Textbook from the official ICB publishers.
The Standard material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- Bellview Study and Workbook guide
- Bellview Solution Guide
- Assessment Guide
- Exam Trial Paper
The PRO material package is for those students who need extra help, as it includes a few extras to assist. All the study material and videos come directly from the official ICB publishers.
The PRO material package includes:
- ICB Textbooks
- ICB Study Guide
- Bellview Assessment Guide
- USB with videos to boost studying
- Two Trial Exam Papers on the USB
(The USB is an extra to help with your studies. The videos test your knowledge, it does not replace your study material.)
Assignments and Examinations
Portfolio of Evidence
Once you have paid your registration and exam payments you will receive your Portfolio Of Evidence (PoE). You will receive a PoE per subject, and each one will include:
- ICB Administration Guide
- ICB Tests and Projects
- Answer Books
For each subject, you will have 3 assignments to complete and two tests. The tests will take place at the ICB approved assessment centres in South Africa.
Your complete PoE will be handed in the day of your final exam and will contribute 30% towards your final mark.
You will also be required to write a final exam for each subject, which can take place in either:
Results are released 7 weeks after the exam. It will be found on the Trainee Website as well as emailed to students.
Your exam will contribute 70% towards your final mark.
Study Anywhere, Anytime!
Level up even further in your career by completing the Upper Intermediate Level course, the best part is you can still work while doing it!
Register with Bellview and make it happen!
If you have any further questions regarding our ICB Bookkeeping Accounting or any of our other courses, do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Give us a call on our toll-free number 0800 39 00 27
- Fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page
- Chat to us on Whatsapp 082 318 8892
A bright future in finance is head!
Last Updated: 22 January 2021