The South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) is a professional body of accountants in South Africa. Their vision is to be the Professional Accountancy organisation of choice. Their mission is to grow stakeholders’ fortune by developing active skills and capacities needed to deliver professional, advanced and maintainable accountancy and business solutions, in order to grow and transform the profession.
How to become a member of the South African Institute of Professional Accountants
In order to become a member of SAIPA professional institute, you need to have a degree which includes the following subjects studied at a SAIPA accredited institution:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control and Code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management Accounting
Your practical requirements must consist of either:
- 3 years supervised training at a SAIPA-approved training centre; or
- 6 years relevant verifiable experience in an accounting environment; or
- A training programme from other accredited professional accountancy bodies
As a professional requirement, you also need to have successfully completed a written Professional Evaluation (PE) examination.